Wednesday 22 March 2017

Promo artwork

I love gesture drawings - images that capture the essence of the subject, leaving the rest to the viewer's imagination. While they are often used as training tools for people learning to draw - and see better - I date my love of them back to when I was a child and spent hours with one of my mother's favourite books People of Importance

When we were clearing out their house after my parents' deaths, we were disappointed not to find the book. It had always sat on a shelf alongside another favourite - a photo essay about a cat called Sam.

Browsing some images online for gesture drawings recently, I found this one by British printmaker Bridget Farmer. I now have her permission to use it on posters and other materials promoting the anthology.  Check out more of her work at her website.

No comments:

Post a Comment